Fun in Physics

Juniors+Payton+Reynolds+and+Nicole+Robinett+work+together+on+an+assignment+using+their+iPads.+
Back to Article
Back to Article

Fun in Physics

Juniors Payton Reynolds and Nicole Robinett work together on an assignment using their iPads.

Nicholas Bonavia

Physics may not sound like a fun class, but it can be sometimes. It sounds like it’s just another math class, but it really isn’t. There are many things to do like projects, labs, and learning formulas.
There are many labs that deal with different things. For example, there was a lab on forces. Students pushed a bowling ball around the classroom and learned about the different forces that acted on it as it moved. In class they do many other labs that are also fun to participate in. The students also learned about electricity and how it works. With electricity they talked about how circuits worked, and students built them with circuit boards and tiny light bulbs.
The students are also doing a research project in class. For this project it is possible to choose from two different types of projects. Students can either design an engineering project, meaning they can make something, or they can research something. I am choosing to research how humans can attune to the pitch of a sound and recognize it.
Learning formulas is also a fun part of physics. Although memorizing a bunch of letters and numbers doesn’t sound appealing, it can be, but there must be some effort put into it. It feels really nice when learning about the formulas, and it makes sense. Understanding what different letters mean and what the formula is and actually finding it comes with a sense of pride.
Everyone should take physics and at least try it, but the class can be difficult at times and isn’t for everyone.